Monday 30 January 2017

Washday With Afrinaptural Crochet Braids


Hey people! How have you been? My plan was to put up 3 posts last week but last week was something else. Hopefully this week will be much better.

I had my Afrinaptural crochet braids for 3 weeks and while I had it, I washed and deep conditioned my leave out every week. Because of the amount of gel to make my hair stay flat-ish, I had to shampoo and deep condition so that my hair didn't get too dry or start breaking. 

My sister has had this style twice so I asked her to give me a breakdown of her washday process while she had the style.

First, I put my leave out into 5 chunky twists. I should probably have prepooed but I was being lazy and I didn't. 


After putting my hair in twists, I unraveled each twist and shampooed with Jason Thin to Thick Shampoo. 




After using the shampoo, I used my ORS Olive Oil Replenishing Conditioner to deep condition and put my hair back in twists.



The first 2 times I deep conditioned, I didn't cover my hair with a shower cap. The third time, I used a plastic bag to cover my hair. After about 30 minutes of deep conditioning, I rinsed it out with conditioner.

To moisturise, I used a mixture of Kinky Curly Knot Today leave in conditioner, aloe vera juice and castor oil. The last time I moisturised though, I didn't use aloe vera juice and my hair was not as flat as the first 2 times. I'm not sure if this had anything to do with it.

Thanks for reading and have a lovely week! 

Oyime :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts! Please leave a comment :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...