Friday 27 March 2015

Product Review: Cantu Shea Butter

Hey guys! It’s Cantu Friday! Okay, there’s nothing like that but today, I’m doing a review of the Cantu products that I have.





1. CANTU SHEA BUTTER DEEP TREATMENT MASQUE

I don’t think a post can go by without me talking about this product. Yes I’m exaggerating but this is like the best Cantu product ever.

Ingredients: Water (Aqua, EAU) , Canola oil, Cetearyl Alcohol/Ceteareth-20, Glycerin, Fragrance (Parfum), Beeswax, Cetyl Alcohol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Glycol Stearate, Polyquarternium-10, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter, Melia Azadirachta (Neem) Seed Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Macadamia Ternifolia (Macadamia) Seed Oil, Glycin Soja (Soyabean) Oil, Argania Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice, Lonicera Japonica (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Laminara Cloustoni (Sea Kelp) Extract, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Leaf Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Silk Amino Acids, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin.

Description: It has a really thick consistency which I like because of how thick my hair is. I looove the smell! It has this really fruity smell which is quite strong because, my room ends up smelling like it whenever I deep condition my hair with it.

How I Use It: I use this product to deep condition whenever I take out my braids or once a week.  Sometimes I mix it with shea butter if my hair feels really dry or, I just use it alone to twist my hair. I put it under a shower cap for about 30 minutes. There was a time I used to deep condition overnight but ain’t nobody got time for using 2 days to do wash day. My hair used to be very soft when I did it though.

Effectiveness:  It says ‘Penetrates deep into the hair shaft to help moisturize and repair damaged, dry and brittle hair’. I don’t know about repairing damaged hair but it does moisturise my hair.
If you have thick strands and your hair that is prone to dryness I would definitely recommend trying this product.

Rating:  5/5

2. CANTU SHEA BUTTER LEAVE-IN CONDITIONING CREAM

Ingredients: Water (Aqua, EAU) , Canola oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearalkonium Chloride, Glycerin, Dicetyldimonium Chloride, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Actinidia Chinensis (Kiwi) Fruit Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) flower extract, Urtica Dioica (Nettle) extract, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Leaf Extract, Achillea Millefolium (Yarrow) Extract, Fragrance (Parfum), Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Dimethicone PEG-8 Meadowfoamate, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Pentaerythrityl Tetracaprylate/ Tetracaprate, Silk Amino Acids, Panthenol, DMDM Hydatoin, Dimethicone, Disodium EDTA, Polyquaternium-4, Polyquaternium-32, Mineral Oil, PPG-1 Trideceth-6, Hydrolyzed Glycosaminolycans, Sodium Hyaluronate, Propylene Glycol, Citric Acid, Sodium Chloride.

Description: Medium consistency. It also has a fruity smell but the smell is more faint than that of the Deep Treatment Masque.

How I Use It: After spritzing my hair I use it and then use castor oil or shea butter to seal.

Effectiveness:  Like I said in this post, it seems to have stopped working for my hair *sigh*. My hair doesn’t stay moisturized after using it. I haven’t yet tried the one for Natural Hair. That one says “NO Sulfates, Silicones, Parabens or Mineral Oil”. Hopefully, the absence of all those ingredients will help in moisturising my hair. When I take my braids out and I try it out, I’ll let you guys know if it’s better.

Rating: 3.5/5

3. CANTU SHEA BUTTER MOISTURIZING RINSE OUT CONDITIONER

Before I discovered v05 conditioner this was my staple rinse out conditioner. It didn’t do a very good job cleansing my scalp but it was okay for using as a conditioner after I had already cleansed my scalp.
Ingredients: Water (Aqua, EAU) ,  Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearamydopropyl Dimethylamine, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Fragrance (Parfum), Zea Mays (Corn) Oil, Dimethicone, Malic Acid, Disodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, Panthenol, Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Yellow 6 (CI 15985).
Description: For a rinse out conditioner it has a bit of a thick consistency.  I love the smell of this conditioner.
How I Use It: I don’t use it anymore but when I did, I would use it to co-wash after deep conditioning.
Effectiveness: It really isn’t that moisturizing for my hair but it could be for yours.
Rating: 2.5/5
4. CANTU SHEA BUTTER MOISTURIZING CREAM SHAMPOO
This product was a let-down for me. I bought it because I wanted to try out another Cantu product. It smells really good though.
Ingredients: Water (Aqua, EAU), Sodium Laureth Sulphate, Sodium Lauryl Sulphate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Fragrance (Parfum), Dissodium EDTA, DMDM Hydanton, Glycol Sterate, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Benzophenone-4, PEG-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Lauroyl Lysine, Ctric Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Yellow 6 (CI 15985).
Description: It has a watery consistency and it foams up a lot when shampooing
How I Use It: I used it twice before deep conditioning my hair.
Effectiveness:  It cleansed my scalp but it really dried out my hair.
Rating: 1.5/5
Do you use these Cantu products or any other Cantu products? Do they work effectively for your hair?

Oyime :)

6 comments:

  1. thanks for the reveiw. it was so quite informative. please where can I get the Cantu products in Lagos? i would really like to try them out
    Please, I do not know how my hair should feel when moisturized, so, i don't know if my SheaMoisture Restorative condtitioner helps in keeping it moisturized, Please help. thank you/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome :) You can get Cantu products from Casabella at Ikeja City Mall, Palms or any other Casabella store. You can also order from Olori.com
      Moisturised hair shouldn't feel rough when you touch it, it should feel soft and stay that way for the day or for some days.

      Delete
  2. I purchased the leave in conditioner. It doesn't moisturize my hair for long. I now use it sparingly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here but I hope the one for Natural hair will moisturise my hair

      Delete
  3. I have been using the leave-in for over a year and I'm done with it. It used to moisturise my hair really well but now it's just bleh. As for the leave-in from cantu's natural hair line, let's just say the disappointment was record breaking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh noo :( lol. I hope I won't be disappointed. It has too many weird ingredients so I won't be too surprised but I hope it'll be a bit better

      Delete

I would love to hear your thoughts! Please leave a comment :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...