Wednesday 10 February 2016

Yes To Carrots Pampering Conditioner Review


Hey guys! How has your week been so far? There hasn't been a lot going on with my hair. I got braids done last Thursday and so far I'm happy with them. I was starting to get tired of having my hair out and I think my hair needed a break too.

I got the Yes To Carrots Pampering Conditioner a few months ago and now that I'm more than halfway through the bottle, I'm finally doing a review :).

INGREDIENTS 

Water (Aqua), Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Cetyl Esters, Behentrimonium Chloride, Citrus Grandis Fruit (Grapefruit) Extract, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil*, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe) Leaf Juice, Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Extract, Maris Water (Sea Water), Maris Limus (Sea Salt) Extract, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance (Parfum), Geraniol. *Certified Organic Ingredient.

It was hard to find a conditioner that didn't contain coconut oil, soy milk protein, collagen or any form of protein. A few people recommended this conditioner but I couldn't find it in Lagos so, I wasn't able to get it till I was in England. I was happy with the ingredient list, though I was a bit skeptical about the aloe vera leaf juice.

HOW I USE IT

I use this conditioner to deep condition by mixing it with shea butter. I also use it to cowash my hair. It's really good for deep conditioning and it has a good amount of slip for cowashing. My hair always feels moisturised when I use it and it even worked really well for me during the harmattan season.

The consistency of the conditioner is a bit light but it's not runny. It also smells a bit like baby powder which I don't mind. I actually like the smell of the conditioner.

So far, I'm really happy with this conditioner. It doesn't contain any proteins, it mosturises my hair and the bottle is quite big so it lasts a while. I definitely plan on getting another one when this one runs out though I'm not sure exactly how. It would be really nice if I could find it in Lagos. 

Have you used this conditioner? What was your experience with it?

Thanks for reading! 

Oyime :) 

8 comments:

  1. I've never used this one but it sounds amazing! Added to my wish list!

    KLP @ www.savingourstrands.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know you can use a conditioner as a DC, I will have to try that.

    https://lauralivll.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you have any reasons for not wanting a conditioner with proteins?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes proteins make my hair dry and brittle. You can read my post on protein sensitivity to find out more about it :)

      Delete
  4. Hey Oyime, great review. I saw it on Asos once and added to my cart but I had to take it out because, clothes.
    You could check. You know they deliver to Nigeria. Just calculate carefully- the current exchange rates are killing.
    Naija girl next door

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts! Please leave a comment :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...