Wednesday 13 January 2016

4 Signs That It's Time for A Trim



Hey guys!! How has your week been so far? I hope it's been going great! 

It’s been a while since my 1st trim and I was just thinking of all the things little that made me realise I needed a trim the first time. I ignored them for a while because, the thought of going to the salon to trim off many inches of my hair and losing a lot of length scared me. When the length of my hair remained the same for months, I decided there was no point holding on to dead ends when I could go for a trim and hopefully start retaining length again. 

These are some of the signs that you are in need of a trim:

1. Your hair is breaking 

There’s a difference between shed hair and broken hair. With shed hair there is a white “root” at the tip of the the strand, but with broken hair there is no white root. Broken hair is also much shorter than shed hair and of different lengths. If you’re experiencing a lot of breakage, one thing it could mean is that you’re due for a trim. If every time you touch your hair, finger comb your hair, or on washdays you lose much more hair than usual, the best thing to do is get that trim. This was the first sign for me. 

2. Split ends & knots causing tangling

If you have a lot of split ends you’re probably due for a trim. If you also have a lot of knots, they can cause your hair to tangle a lot and this leads to breakage. The best thing to do at this point is to get a trim. After my trim, I noticed that my hair was so much easier to detangle and I could easily slide my fingers through my hair because I didn’t have a lot of knots and tangles anymore.

3. Dry ends

The ends of your hair are the oldest parts of your hair and they tend to get dry very easily. This is why when moisturising, you need to focus on that part of your hair and make sure you moisturise and seal that part of your hair. When you keep moisturising and sealing, and that part of your hair simply refuses to stay moisturised and always feels dry and straw-like, it’s time to get rid of those scraggly ends. 

4. Little or no length retention

If you’re not retaining a lot of length, one of the reasons could be that you’re in need of a trim. Due to how much your hair breaks especially when it’s dry, you might not be retaining a lot of length, making it seem like your hair isn’t growing. The best thing to do at this point is, close your eyes and get that trim. Trust me, your hair will thank you for it. When you get your trim, it won’t be long before your hair catches up to where it was before your trim because you’ll be retaining more length than before the trim.

That being said, I’m due for another trim. 

When was your last trim? 

Oyime :)

10 comments:

  1. My last trim was a few weeks ago and now my curls are poppin! No more fuzzy ends for me!

    Thanks for sharing!

    KLP @ www.savingourstrands.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait for my trim so I can get rid of my fuzzy ends too. Thanks for reading! :D

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing. My last trim was a week ago. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure my hair hates me. I dont take care of it. I've never had a trim and I've been natural for two years. Time for a change.

    Epiphany29.com
    Rocker Chick - Faux Leather Waterfall Jacket

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol that was me before my first trim. Yayy to change! :)

      Delete
  4. Yep, dry fuzzy ends that tangle or refuse to stay moisturised/curl properly are my cue.
    These days I'm forever going at my ends with the shears because of SSKs. Those things. Ugh. I spare no split too. If I see it, it's getting cut.

    Naija girl next door

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah SSKs are so annoying, I always cut them off too. Doing that seems to help a bit :)

      Delete
  5. My last trim was last Friday...this is my 2nd trim since big chopping 14months ago.

    www.lisasjournal.com

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts! Please leave a comment :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...