Thursday 12 January 2017

First Impressions: ORS Olive Oil Replenishing Conditioner



Hey guys! How's your week going? 

I'm sure everyone has heard about or seen this ORS Olive Oil Conditioner. The reason I've never tried it is because, when I first went natural and I tried olive oil my hair didn't really like it. This product also has a few proteins and because my hair is protein sensitive, I never bothered trying it.

Ingredients: Aqua, Glycine Soja Oil (Soybean), Glycerin, Polyquaternium-37, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Limonene, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis Oil (Orange), Quaternium-80, Panthenol, Silk Amino Acids, Dimethicone Peg-7 Isotearate, PPG-1 Trideceth-6, Anthemis Nobilis Extract (Chamomile), Salvia Officinalis Extract (Sage), Urtica Dioica Extract (Nettle), Rosmarinus Officinalis Extract (Rosemary), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Achilea Millefolium Extract (Yarrow), Actinidia Chinensis Fruit Juice (Kiwi), Dimethicone, Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans, EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, CI 15985 (Yellow #6) , CI 19140 (Yellow #5). 

As you can see from the ingredients, it has some proteins like hydrolyzed collagen & silk amino acids. However, it doesn't have coconut oil so I wasn't too wary about trying it out. 

The first time I tried it was about 2 weeks ago when my sister got back. I was deep conditioning and I decided to try out her conditioner to see how it would make my hair feel. I had used my Yes to Carrots for about half of my hair and used the ORS for the rest of my hair. 

The texture of the conditioner is not too light but it's also not too thick. It feels very creamy and it gives my hair a lot of slip when I use it. It also smells really citrusy which I like.

How I've Used It So Far

So far, I've used it to deep condition thrice after shampooing my hair. It claims to be a penetrating hair conditioner that helps to increase moisture & repair damaged hair. It definitely helped in increasing moisture when I used it. The first 2 times I used it, I used it alone but the 3rd time, I mixed a little Jamaican Black Castor Oil with it.

So far, I like this conditioner and I'll keep using it as long as my hair keeps liking it. I'll definitely let you guys know how I feel about it when I've gone through the bottle or in a few weeks. 

Have you used this conditioner before? How did it make your hair feel?

Oyime :)

5 comments:

  1. I tried it in the conditioning pack that's usually $1.99 U.S. That stuff is the business!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used it throughout my relaxed hair journey and at the beginning of my transition. It was Bae, loved it. I still recommend it to people that aren't really looking for completely organic products.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use it as my deep conditioner. its a great product at a cheap price.

    https://lifewithhair.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts! Please leave a comment :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...