Monday 17 August 2015

Kinky Twists!




Helloo my beautiful readers! How are you doing this fine Monday afternoon? I'm still trying to get the hang of this being positive about Mondays thing. How was your weekend? Hope it was great.

I got kinky twists about a week ago and I must say I really missed this hairstyle. The last time I had kinky twists was when I was in law school 2 years ago and I had it for 7 weeks. I washed it every 2-3 weeks and spritzed but when I took it out, my hair was still very dry and I had a lot of breakage. Looking back, I now realise that 7 weeks in the same hairstyle was too much for my hair to handle. Back then though, I blamed it on the kinky twists and I've been too scared to do it. 

Anyway, I got over my fear and I have a plan. I'm only going to keep the twists for 3 or 4 weeks and I won't just spritz my scalp but I'll also moisturise up to the part of the kinky twists where my hair stops. So far, I've been spritzing my scalp with just water and glycerine. I also used grapeseed oil once. For my hair, after spritzing, I used a mix of my Kinky Curly Knot Today leave in and shea butter.

I used 2 and a half packs of Supreme Royal Silk Afro Twist Braid in Colour 1. I didn't want the twists to be too long and I think the length is just right. I'm really happy with the way it turned out and it's exactly what I wanted so yayy.




Have you tried Kinky twists? How do you take care of your hair when it's in this style?

Have a lovely week!

Oyime :) 

6 comments:

  1. Your twists look good! :)
    I'm craving skinny kinky twists too but I have my edges to think about. Don't think I've done them since 2012/2013 ( ._.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :D.. Lol I'm a bit scared about my edges too that's why I won't keep the twists in longer than 4 weeks. Hopefully they'll be fine :)

      Delete
  2. Nice twists. I hope they're not too painful. I haven't done kinky twists before and I have to avoid braids or twists because of my hairline. You seem to have a good plan. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. They're not painful and they're also quite light. I hope the plan works. Thanks again :D

      Delete
  3. Nice twists. I don't ever remember to take care of my hair when it's in a protective style *covers face*

    Epiphany29.com
    How I Wore My Shirt Dress

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts! Please leave a comment :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...