Friday 7 August 2015

Wash Day Gone Wrong

Hey guys! How has your week been? Looking forward to resting this weekend? I know I am :) As you can tell from the title of this post my Wash day didn't go so well. Here's what happened.

On Wednesday evening I took out my Bob braids which took so long for some reason. I think the hair stylist was making the braids smaller as she went on which is so surprising. Usually by the time I get to the middle and the top part of my hair, the braids there are so massive.

PRE-POO

After taking out my braids, I prepood with Grape seed oil on my scalp and castor oil on my hair. Then, I twisted my hair and did the Green house effect overnight and my hair felt quite good the next morning.

I also finger detangled my hair. It was so much easier and took less time because of my trim as there were no knots getting in my way.

RHASSOUL CLAY WASH

I've been really happy with the short Wash days I've been having since I started using Rhassoul Clay. I just prepoo overnight, mix my Rhassoul clay and leave it in my hair for 10 minutes before washing it out and moisturising.

I usually mix my Rhassoul clay with glycerine and castor oil. This time, I mixed it with grape seed oil and castor oil, no glycerine. I've almost mastered the art of getting all the clay through my hair within a little over 5 minutes.. unlike the first time where it took me over 10 minutes.

After washing it out, I used my Kinky Curly Knot Today Leave In on a small portion of my hair at the back. I can't even describe how my hair felt....no really I actually can't but let me try. It felt rough and stiff.. I couldn't even finger comb that part of my hair even with my leave in. I panicked a bit because, my hair has never felt like that and that part is the softest part of my hair so you can imagine how the rest of my hair felt.

So, I washed my hair again with just water twice. After that, I moisturised with my leave in and castor oil. Then, I did the Green house effect overnight.



What Went Wrong?

I think part of the reason it didn't go well is the fact that I didn't use glycerine in my Clay mix and I introduced Grape seed oil to the mix. The mixture was also really watery.

My  hair feels much better now even though it doesn't feel as moisturised as I feel it should. I plan on moisturising my hair this evening with my leave in, glycerine and a little shea butter.

The next time I use Rhassoul clay I'll stick to glycerine and castor oil, and deep condition after.

Has something similar happened to you? What did you do about it?

Have a lovely weekend!

Oyime :) 

6 comments:

  1. Sorry about your hair. At least, you learned something from the experience. I'm sure your hair will return to its full glory. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I havent experienced anything weird qith my hair. Maybe cos I'm so lazy i use black soap or VO5 shampoo to wash my hair and never do anything fancy.

    I Was Here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky you! lol. Those 2 things dry my hair out :(

      Delete
  3. Pele. Every time I've read someone use A clay and water mix, it's not a good experience. I think that's the issue. Next time you could use vinegar or AVJ, anything but water :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll definitely do that next time. Thanks Ekene! :D

      Delete

I would love to hear your thoughts! Please leave a comment :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...