Thursday 28 May 2015

Wiggin' It Up: Protective Style of The Week




Hey guys!!! How are you doing? Are you as excited as I am about our long weekend? I'm also excited about tomorrow being Democracy Day and the Inauguration. I really hope and pray there'll be a change soon. We really need it.

This week, I didn't want to style my hair.. just like last week. You would think I would just do braids but I was feeling really tired of braids.. I still am. I decided to do something different and so, I brought out my trusty wig. 

I like wigs because, my hair is in cornrows so I don't have to worry about it. I also don't like weaves because they're stuck to my head and I can't just take it off once I get home. Weaves also make my hair drier than usual which I think I've mentioned before.

Another good thing about wigs is that they last much longer because you're not sleeping with it on. They also give your hair a break from constant styling. However, you have to make sure you still take care of your hair while it's in a wig like all protective styles. I spritzed the lines in between my cornrows everyday with water, glycerine and a little castor oil. You should also ensure that your cornrows aren't done too tight (gotta keep those edges).

Anyway, I decided to wear a wig since I wasn't ready for braids or ready to style my natural hair. I had planned on having my wig for 2-3 weeks but I think I might be ready for braids again or kinky twists *covers face* I'll figure it out soon :D

I got a lot of questions about the wig I had on in my last Lipstick Review Post. This wig is one of the wigs my sister made for me and it has seriously stood the test of time because, I've had it for a while. If you're in England and you need a wig made for you, send her an email: sarahjemitola@gmail.com. Mine was made with a closure and she also makes U-part wigs. 

Thanks for reading and have a great weekend!

Don't forget to subscribe and share! Sharing is caring ;) 

Oyime 

6 comments:

  1. Finally!!! I get to see you without braids. Being waiting for soooo long.
    You look great with and without the braids and velvet teddy suits you so well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you ask me. A wig is a must have for every girl.. Beautiful post..

    Www.trendwithgloria.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha it comes in handy a lot.. Thank you Gloria :)

      Delete
  3. You look so pretty hun..nd the wig suits u real gud xx

    Sophsinspiratons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts! Please leave a comment :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...