Monday 15 June 2015

Washday With Rhassoul Clay

Hey hey! How are you guys doing this fine Monday afternoon? Okay honestly I don't like Mondays but I'm trying to be positive about Mondays so :D.

I took out my bob box braids on Friday because, they were done a bit tight and already looked rough but the main reason was because I was already tired of them. I also really wanted to try my Rhassoul clay. 

On Friday night after taking out my braids, I prepood by oiling my scalp with castor oil and spritzing my hair lightly. Then, I put my hair into 2 braids and did the greenhouse effect overnight with a shower cap. 


RHASSOUL CLAY WASH 
I've wanted to try Rhassoul clay for quite a while. I've tried Bentonite clay before and while it cleansed my hair, it made it feel really dry. I know this was mostly because I didn't cover my hair with a shower cap when I used it but either way, I read that Rhassoul clay is more moisturising than Bentonite clay so that's why I wanted to use this instead. 

How To Use: 
First, I got a plastic bowl and a plastic spoon to use for my Rhassoul clay mix. You're supposed to use a plastic or a wooden spoon because a metal spoon can react with some of the ingredients in the clay. 

I mixed the clay with water, glycerine and castor oil. You can use the Rhassoul clay alone or mix it with Aloe Vera juice or oils. 




I didn't section my hair, I just parted my hair with my fingers and put the mixture all over my hair. 

Here's what I did wrong. You're supposed to have the clay on your hair between 5 and 15 minutes so that it doesn't dry out your hair.  However, it probably took me 10 minutes or more to get the clay on all parts of my hair and after that I still covered my hair with a shower cap for about 10 minutes. Oh yeah I also took pictures but that only took like 3 minutes :) 



When I washed it out, my hair felt a bit dry or maybe I just expected it to feel a bit more moisturised. Anyway, like I said, I let the clay sit in my hair for too long and that's probably why.

What I noticed though, is that my hair didn't get tangled like it would have if I had just shampooed my hair with any normal shampoo and without washing it in sections.





After washing my hair, I put it into 3 sections and moisturised it with a mix of my new leave in conditioner, Kinky Curly Knot Today (which I'll do a review on when I've used it a few more times), glycerine, castor oil and Shea butter. 





One thing I really like about Rhassoul clay is that it seriously shortened my washday. All I had to do was put the clay in my hair and wash it out. There was no need to shampoo, then deep condition, then rinse out with conditioner. 

Another thing I like is the fact that I could wash my hair without sectioning it and my hair still didn't get tangled. 

You can also use Rhassoul clay as a face mask. 

What I don't like about it is the smell. It smells like rain and sand but then again it's basically mud. It's also really messy.

You also have to work really fast when you're using it so the clay doesn't get dry when you're not done applying it to all sections of your hair.

I'm really happy with it still and I'm going to start using it as a cleanser once a month. 

I got it from Sizzelle for N2,300.

Have you used Rhassoul Clay before? How did you use it and what was your experience with it?

4 comments:

  1. I've used bentonite clay before and it left my hair very moisturized. I'll try the rhaussol clay too.and see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. did it loosen your curls?? and how much was the kinky curly conditioner??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Zainab! No, it didn't really loosen my curls. The conditioner was 3,000 from Sizelle :)

      Delete

I would love to hear your thoughts! Please leave a comment :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...