Wednesday 7 August 2019

Lactose Intolerant? Tigernut Milk as An Alternative to Dairy


Hey hey! If you're lactose intolerant and you've been looking for an alternative to dairy or you've not heard about Tigernut milk and it's benefits, then this post is for you. 

I discovered Tigernut milk about 2 years ago at work. I was actually having tummy issues and I wasn't sure I wanted to try anything that had the word milk it because I'm lactose intolerant. I did a quick Google search and the few articles I read said you could definitely have tigernut milk if you're lactose intolerant.

Looking back, I should probably have waited to try it another day but me being me, I decided to try it that same day. The first thing I noticed was that it tasted so much better than almond or soy milk and my stomach felt much better after drinking it. 

So, I did a little more research and found out that apart from containing a good amount of Potassium, Magnesium, Vitamin C & Vitamin E and having a high fibre content, it also aids digestion among many other health benefits.

I learnt how to make tigernut milk and I did that a few times but now, I just order from "Tigernuts Republic". I usually order through their Instagram but they stock their milk in a lot of supermarkets here in Lagos. 


I love this brand because they have so many different mixes to choose from and their service is always really good. 

These are the mixes I've tried and I'm going to stick to the "Sweetened Plain" and "Datey Tigernuts". The other flavours (Chocolate Signature & Moringa Signature) contain ginger and I don't like ginger in my milk but I guess people seem to like it. 

Have you tried Tigernut milk before? What did you think about it?

Oyime :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts! Please leave a comment :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...