Friday 30 December 2016

My Current Protective Style: Afrinaptural Crochet Braids



Hey guys!! How have you been?? Can you believe it's already the end of the year? This year went by pretty fast. I'm definitely going to do a post soon about my hair from the beginning of the year to the end and my hair goals for 2017.

As you can see from the title of this post I decided to give crochet braids another chance. You can read about my disastrous first crochet braids experience here. My sister had this particular style of crochet braids that looked really pretty and blended in so well with her natural hair, so I asked her to get it for me when she was coming back for the Christmas holiday. 

This hair is called Afrinaptural definition braid and it cost £7.99 for a pack. It's 100% Kanekalon and is really soft and lightweight. 


It can be blown out to look less full and a bit straighter but I like the texture and I wanted it to really blend in with my hair.

My sister helped me with my crochet braids this time. She usually does hers so it was very easy for her to do mine. She left out some of my hair in front and a bit at the sides and back. It took about 40 minutes to do the cornrows and another 40 minutes to install the crochet braids.


I used just a bit less than 2 packs because I didn't want it to be too full.


To get my hair in front to stay flat, after I moisturised with Kinky Curly Knot Today, aloe vera juice & castor oil, she used Argan Oil Eco Styler Gel on those parts and I kept my hair in a scarf overnight.


I love how soft the hair is. It also doesn't really tangle but I mostly keep it in a low bun. It looks like blown out natural hair and I've gotten so many comments from people asking me if it's my natural hair or saying they love my hair.





I really love this hairstyle. It's definitely the best I've done this year and I'm definitely going to do it again as long as it doesn't dry out my hair or cause breakage. 

Have a beautiful weekend and Happy New Year in advance! 

Oyime :)

4 comments:

  1. Oyime, your hair looks gorgeous😍😊. Where can I get it in Nigeria?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I haven't been able to find it anywhere here but if I do, I'll let you guys know :)

      Delete
  2. This hair is gorgeous, looks very natural- like it's all yours. I've seen some good things about this Afrinaptural hair. Kemi Lewis uses it in her salon for some crochet styles but I don't know if she sells.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts! Please leave a comment :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...