Friday 10 July 2015

Finally Got That Trim!!

Hello boys and girls! Guess who finally got a trim! Yep, me. I was actually so excited about this trim. Remember how I talked about how my hair was breaking a lot in this post and how I had a lot of knots and split ends. I was ready to let the dead ends go and get a fresh start.

I had my hair in mini twists for about 5 days and on Thursday morning before cds I loosened the twists. 



After my cds, I went to Beauty Lounge in Ikoyi for my trim. While waiting, I detangled my hair and ended up with this.



Before trimming my hair, the stylist washed it. We were going to blow dry it so my hair had to be clean for this. Since I washed it a week ago I agreed to have it washed. This was my first time of washing my hair at a salon since I went natural so I was a bit apprehensive. I was asking her 'Won't you put it in sections? Are you sure it won't get tangled?' lol but she did a great job with it. 

After washing my hair, she blew it out.


Mid-blowout




My hair is really uneven. The back of my hair has always been longer than the rest. 


Mid-Trim
The stylist asked if she should trim the back a bit more so it would be the same length as the rest of my hair but I refused because, it'll still end up growing faster than the rest of my hair.

Unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture of my hair with my camera when she was done trimming but I got a snap :D


My hair is in flat twists now which I'll show you guys soon. I'm really happy I got this trim. I'm not sure about how many inches I lost but it should be between 11/- 2 inches. I plan on trimming my hair more regularly with a professional at least every 4 months to get rid of split ends.

Have a beautiful weekend guys!!

When was the last time you trimmed your hair? How often do you get it trimmed?

Oyime :) 

11 comments:

  1. I'm due for a trim but I'm holding it off till December. I might trim about an inch off

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. December seems so far away lol. I hope it goes well.. good luck!

      Delete
  2. I'm due for a trim but I'm holding it off till December. I might trim about an inch off

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice. I try to dust my ends every month. Otherwise, my ends get out of control and I end up cutting off so much. However, I should get a professional trim soon. I'm just fearful the stylist will cut off too much hair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'll also start dusting my ends myself often to limit split ends. Hopefully you won't get a scissor happy stylist. Good luck!

      Delete
  4. My last 'trim ' was about 4 months ago, done by me. I think I'm due for another but I really don't want to lose the small hair I have.🙈

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll lose more hair if you're in need of a trim and you don't get one. Just try to trim knots and split ends :)

      Delete
  5. Hi I'm Tammy and I'm a length addict!
    You are a brave soul an inspiration to people like me... my undying love length wouldn't let me do anything other than the occasional dusting... I promised myself I'd get my hair assessed by a professional... but 2" off and I am sure that stylist would see me in her dreams!!! 😢😳😳

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lool.. You can try trimming it yourself till you're ready :)

      Delete
  6. I need to take a page out of your book, put on my big girl pants and go get a freaking trim! My ends are so bad and I'm afraid I might have to trim off like 2 inches :'(
    Nigerian and Natural

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was afraid of that too but my hair felt and looked so much better after the trim. Just do it. Your hair will thank you for it lol :)

      Delete

I would love to hear your thoughts! Please leave a comment :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...