Friday 15 April 2016

Purple Box Braids!!!


Hey guys! How are you? It's Friday! What are you getting up to this weekend? I don't have any plans so far but we'll see how it goes.

I got braids done about 2 weeks ago because I had my hair out for a bit over a month. I wasn't really sure I wanted braids because of how hot the weather was but I felt my hair needed a break from constant handling.

I thought about getting really big twists but I didn't think they would last past 2 weeks. Then, I thought of getting really big braids but I did that a few months ago and I wanted to try something different. In the end, I just decided to do box braids that weren't too long. 

My cousin recently got box braids with a little purple and I liked it but I wanted mine to have more purple than black. The stylist suggested I use only purple because the shade of purple she had wasn't too bright so that's what I ended up doing.


With flash 
I was actually really confident that I was going to like it before I started but when we were halfway through, I started regretting it because I wasn't sure how it was going to look.

When we were done, I really liked it. I still love it and I've received a lot of compliments on it.



I'm happy I tried something different. I've actually tried blue braids before but it was mixed with black so it wasn't too obvious. I'd like to do something different again as my next hairstyle but I'll probably figure it out when the time comes. If you have any suggestions please let me know :D

Thanks for reading and have a lovely weekend!

Oyime :)

5 comments:

  1. I only ever do a mix of red and brown braid, I doubt I'll ever try those other weird colours - blue, purple, grey etc but who knows? Never say never.

    This isn't too loud though and looks nice

    www.cassiedaves.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol I was actually thinking of trying grey next. Thank you :)

      Delete
  2. Nice work!
    I'm a big fan of coloured braids!
    Wore this exact shade of purple in my first year of uni and I liked it :)
    Do try grey next. Or white. Or one of those ombre blends! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ekene! I've wanted to try grey for a while. Maybe I finally will :D

      Delete
  3. Hello! I absolutely love this! Not to bright but noticeable! What kind of hair did you use?

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts! Please leave a comment :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...