Friday 22 May 2015

Protective Style of the Week: Milk Maid/Halo Crown/Goddess Braids





Hey guys! It's Friday!!! :D :D. Hope your week was awesome. 

When my hair is out, I usually like to have it in a protective style for a few reasons. 

1. I get tired of getting my hair styled every morning
2. I would have to wake up 15-20 minutes earlier to take out my twists or braids and style my hair (I value my sleep)
3. Constant manipulation of our hair would lead to a lot of breakage. 

I like styles that don't require me doing much to my hair, but still allow me to have my hair out. This is why I love Milk maid/halo crown/goddess braids. I'm just going to call them Goddess braids. I would have done them myself but I suck at cornrows so I begged my mum to help me with them. I'll keep practising though, so that one day I can confidently leave my house with neat conrows done by me :D.

These braids are best done on stretched hair. So, you can do it after threading your hair or blow drying. You should also moisturise your hair before doing it so that your hair doesn't feel  too dry or break when you loosen it.

I had them for about 4 days and they still looked neat on the 4th day. I slept with a scarf and a satin cap for those 4 days and I think that helped. These are pictures of them on the 4th day.








Have a great weekend!!

Oyime :)

2 comments:

  1. You have got a beautiful hair I wish I can go team natural too

    Www.trendwithgloria.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts! Please leave a comment :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...