Thursday 21 May 2015

Product Review: V05 Silky Experiences Shea Cashmere With Shea Protein and Warm Vanilla Shampoo





Hey guys! Remember how I told you I got a new shampoo in my last Washday post. Well today, I'm doing a review of the shampoo I used. It's called V05 Silky Experiences Shea Cashmere with Shea Protein and Warm Vanilla Shampoo.

Before I go into the review I just want to say I made a discovery a few days ago. My hair is protein sensitive as I've said before but, I recently realised that this doesn't mean that the only product that it doesn't respond well to is coconut oil. Protein in hair products comes in different forms and almost all the natural hair products I've looked at contain protein. I've had a bit of a hard time trying to find products with no protein to try out but once I do I'll let you guys know. This shampoo contains Shea protein so bear this in mind when reading my review. 


INGREDIENTS 



Water (Aqua, EAU), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Chloride, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Panthenol, Hydrolyzed Keratin,Tocopheryl Acetate, Caramel, Ascorbic Acid, Niacinamide, Biotin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycol Stearate, Polyquaternium-7, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Citric Acid, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Glycerin, Polysorbate 20, Disodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, Fragrance (Parfum)


DESCRIPTION 


It has really nice vanilla smell which is quite strong. It also has a really watery consistency so you end up using a lot of it. 

HOW I USED IT 


I used the shampoo after doing an overnight prepoo and also the Greenhouse effect with castor oil. I wet my hair a bit and then used the shampoo to line my scalp before I washed it out with warm water. 



RATING 

My hair didn't feel stripped when I used the shampoo, it felt clean but still a bit moisturised. 

I'll give this shampoo 3 stars because it got my hair clean but, it contains Shea protein and hydrolyzed keratin, and I'm trying to eliminate as much protein use as I can in my hair. The Shea protein could have contributed to my hair feeling dry after some hours and on the next day. 

However, if you're not protein sensitive or your hair can deal with some proteins, this shampoo is really good and it's cheap too. I got it for 600 naira from a pharmacy. The only thing you might not like about it is the consistency. 


Would I buy it again? No, for the reasons I have mentioned but, it's a good shampoo and I'll recommend it for anyone looking for a cheap shampoo that'll clean your hair without making it feel stripped. 

Thanks for reading :)

Oyime 

2 comments:

  1. VO5 has purely moisture based shampoos and conditioners. Google protein free VO5 shampos and conditioners and let's see. Aussie moist shampoo, conditioner and leave in are protein free. There's African pride products too eg leave in. Beautiful textures also have protein free leave in and others. I'm protein sensitive so these are some of the products working for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! When I checked I saw that the v05 Blackberry Sage Tea Therapy conditioner doesn't contain protein so I'm going to try it out. The African Pride leave in conditioner contains coconut oil but I'll check out Aussie Moist or Beautiful textures. Thanks for your help! :)

      Delete

I would love to hear your thoughts! Please leave a comment :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...