Monday 24 April 2017

My Favourite Natural Hair Products Without Coconut Oil



Hey people!! How have you been??

I've really missed blogging and I can't believe it's been over 2 months since my last post. I wanted to blog but I don't know if I was having writer's block or I was just being really lazy, but the more time that passed, the harder it became to just get back into it. 

Oh well, I'm back and my first post is about my favourite hair products without coconut oil.

If your hair is protein sensitive then you know how hard it is to find products that contain no coconut oil or proteins and actually keep your hair moisturised.

If your hair feels dry or brittle when you use products with coconut oil or any form of protein like keratin, collagen and doesn't respond well to protein treatments, then then it's probably protein sensitive.

It took a while but I now have a regimen that has no coconut oil and as little proteins as possible.



CLEANSERS

1. Bentonite Clay: Bentonite clay is a favourite for so many people for a lot of things. I use it to cleanse my scalp and hair once a month or once in 2 months. It removes impurities without drying out my hair. You can ready my post on how I use it here.

2. Rhassoul Clay: Rhassoul clay works like bentonite clay but it's more moisturising and a bit more expensive. I mostly used rhassoul clay till I started using bentonite clay again last year. However, even though it's more moisturising than bentonite clay, it doesn't get my scalp as clean as bentonite clay does.

3. ORS Olive Oil Shampoo: I got this shampoo a few weeks ago and I've only used it twice so I can't say much about it. It seems good so far but I'll do a proper review on it after I've used it a few more times.

RINSE OUT CONDITIONERS

1. Yes to Carrots Rinse Out Conditioner: This is one of my favourite rinse out conditioners ever. I used it as a rinse out conditioner and also as a deep conditioner. I ran out of the one I had a few months ago and I haven't been able to get a new one which is quite sad. You can read my review on it here.

2. ORS Olive Oil Conditioner: This conditioner has been my replacement for my beloved Yes to carrots conditioner and it's been doing quite a good job. It has a lot of slip and it makes my hair feel really moisturised. It's also a favourite of a lot of people. Read my review on it here.

LEAVE-IN CONDITIONER 

1. Kinky Curly Knot Today: This is the best leave in conditioner ever. I've tried a lot of leave-ins and for my hair, this conditioner has been the best. It gives my hair so much slip and keeps it moisturised. For it to work for me though, I need to use it with glycerine or aloe vera juice, and castor oil or shea butter. It's also quite expensive especially now with the way the exchange rate is set up.

I've been putting off buying it but compared to the other leave in conditioner's I've wasted my money trying I'm getting a new one soon. You can read my review on it here.

2. Creme of Nature Argan Oil Pudding Perfection: This leave in conditioner has been a good substitute for my KCKT. It's not as moisturising but it's quite good and it smells really great. One problem I have with it is that it made my hair flake a bit twice when I used it. I haven't figured out exactly why that happened but it didn't happen the last time used it at least.

SEALANTS

1. Castor Oil: Castor oil has been my favourite oil sine I went natural. I've tried a lot of other oils over the years but they don't make my hair feel the way castor oil does. I use it after using my leave in conditioner and sometimes in my spray bottle. I don't use it directly on my scalp though because it made my scalp itch the few times I tried it.

2. Shea Butter: Sometimes I mix it with my castor oil or I use it alone for sealing. It does a wonderful job of keeping my hair moisturised.

I hope this helps if you're thinking of getting products without coconut oil or proteins.

Have a wonderful week!

Oyime :)

2 comments:

  1. Aww wish I read this post just a day earlier as I stocked up on some new natural hair products yesterday.

    ORS is such a great brand, love their products. I've heard so many good things about the bentonite clay, I have to try it sometime. Castor oil is great too, I love it.
    I've never heard of the Kinky Curly Leave In, I'll be on the lookout for it. Nice post :)
    Coco Bella Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww yeah you should definitely try out the kinky curly knot today when next you're stocking up on new products. Thank you! :D

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts! Please leave a comment :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...