Saturday 17 October 2015

Life Lately: Birthday, Blog Anniversary & NYSC Passing Out


Hey guys!! From my title you can see that there's been a lot going on with me.

This past week has been so busy! I turned 23 on Monday and my blog also turned 1 on Monday. Before my actual birthday though, I got a surprise birthday dinner!

Last Saturday, my cousin and I went for the launch of a collection at Temple Muse and she had suggested that we go somewhere for drinks after. So, we went to RSVP after and this was my face when everyone shouted 'Surprise!!' lol.




I've always wanted a surprise birthday so I was so happy and I think I was in shock for a bit. My cousin and my friend from Abuja also came so I was really happy and I felt so special :'). I was still smiling the next day. That's how happy I was.

On Monday, which was my actual birthday, I stayed at home. I wasn't stressed anymore about what to do for my birthday since I already had my birthday dinner and few of my friends and cousins came to visit.

My blog turned 1 on Monday! I can't believe it's actually been a year since I started blogging. I didn't know exactly what I wanted to blog about when I started and I wasn't even sure I would be good at it.

Blogging has taught me a lot of things like consistency (which I'm still working on) and I've met a lot of people through blogging. Blogging also makes me happy and I always feel so productive whenever I blog :) Maybe I should do a separate post on my 1 year Blog Anniversary and a giveaway.

Thank you to everyone who reads my blog, shares my posts, leaves comments and the people who send me private messages encouraging me. You guys are the best!

On Thursday, I passed out of NYSC!!!! This year just went by so fast! I don't have to wear khaki and orange boots anymore or go for cds on Thursdays. It's going to be a bit hard transitioning from getting days off on Thursday to working everyday but at least no more NYSC for me! :D


Yesterday, I went for Afropolitan Vibes and Burna boy performed. I felt like I saw people I knew every 5 seconds and Freedom Park was packed! It was fun though.




What have you guys been up to lately?

Oyime :)

16 comments:

  1. How very nice of your friends to throw you a surprise birthday dinner.
    Happy birthday in arrears. Wishing you God's very best this year and beyond.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday in arrears.congrats on also passing out of NYSC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated birthday. I'm glad you had a good time. Also, congrats on your blog anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loool, me sef I felt like I saw people I knew every 5 seconds, Lagoon, Whitesands, Nottingham, primary school people, corper friends,blogger friends, work friends, soo many people...it was good fun sha :)
    Congrats on your Blogversary and Happy Birthday once again!

    www.tukesquest.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy belated birthday, happy blogiversary and congrats on your POP!!!


    Epiphany29.com
    Polka Dot & Jumpsuits

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday in arrears and God's grace on your new journey.

    www.lisasjournal.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Triple celebration!
    Happy birthday in arrears!

    And I'm right there with you on NYSC passing out. Passed out in October too and i'm just #grateful!

    First time here, nice to meet you :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations on NYSC passing out! Nice to meet you too :D

      Delete

I would love to hear your thoughts! Please leave a comment :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...