Wednesday 15 June 2016

Washday with Dr. Bronner's Castile Soap


Hey guys!! It's been a while :( I really have no excuse I didn't even realise it had been a month since I'd blogged. My hair has been in braids for the past month so there hasn't been much going on with my hair.

Some weeks ago before I tried Rhassoul clay and Apple cider vinegar, I decided to try out Dr. Bronner's Almond Castile Soap. The first time I tried castile soap was during my product junkie days when I was looking for an alternative to shampoo. I think I tried it at the point where my hair was always dry because I didn't know how to moisturise it so when I used it, my hair felt really dry and I just used it for other things. I think I also used to much castile soap and I didn't dilute it with enough water.

One of the things I started using it for was to wash my makeup brushes and I still use it for that.

Before washing my hair, I prepooed with grapeseed oil. This time when I used the castile soap, I used just a few drops because of how strong it is and I diluted it with about 300ml of water.

After washing my hair with the castile soap, I deep conditioned with Yes To Carrots conditioner and shea butter. Then, I moisturised with Kinky Curly Knot Today, glycerine and shea butter.

My scalp and hair felt very clean but not stripped of moisture. I like how I only had to use a few drops and it still got my hair clean. This means it'll last for a while so it's very cost effective.

It's a good alternative to shampoo and from what I've read a lot of people like the Peppermint one so I might give that a try soon.

Have you used Castile soap for your hair? What was your experience with it?

Thanks for reading and have a lovely day! 

Oyime :)

6 comments:

  1. Is the castile soap the same as liquidised african black soap?

    https://naturallykinkyme.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heyy, where did you get it? In Lagos?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heyy! No I didn't get it in Lagos, I got it when I was in England

      Delete
  3. Great info.
    I'll note it down as a future option. I sniffed the eucalyptus one at a salon and I really liked the mintiness (so much that I bought eucalyptus essential oil shortly after)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I'd definitely like to try out the eucalyptus one too :)

      Delete

I would love to hear your thoughts! Please leave a comment :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...