Monday 1 February 2016

Washday In 4 Simple Steps


Hey people! It's a new month and I'm kicking it off with a Washday post :D. My last washday took me about 4 hours and I used just 5 products. These are the 4 steps I usually take on washdays.

1. PREPOO


The night before I washed my hair, I pre-pood with mango butter. I did this by oiling my scalp and hair with it. 

I got my mango butter a few months ago and I haven't been able to figure out the best way to use it. It's very thick and waxy and it doesn't melt easily. I've tried using it to seal after moisturising but it didn't do a great job. When I read somewhere that you could use it to pre-poo, I decided to give it a try. I melted it by putting a bit of it in a bottle and then putting the bottle in hot water and it melted but it solidified quite fast. 


It just made my hair feel a bit weird and I'm not sure I really like it. I'm still trying to figure out other ways to use it and I'm open to suggestions if you know how to use mango butter. On my next washday, I'll stick to grapeseed oil for my pre-poo.

2. SHAMPOO


This time, I didn't use Rhassoul clay because I felt like it would make my hair really hard because of the dry weather. I gave my Giovanni Shampoo a try and I have to admit my hair felt much better compared to the the last few times I used Rhassoul clay. My scalp was also definitely much cleaner.

3. DEEP CONDITION & COWASH


After shampooing my hair, I deep conditioned by twisting my hair with Yes to Carrots pampering conditioner mixed with shea butter. After that, I steamed my hair for about an hour and then co-washed with the same conditioner. You can read how I steam my hair here.

4. MOISTURISE


To moisturise my hair, I only used Kinky Curly Knot Today and shea butter. I didn't use glycerine because of the dry weather.

My hair has stayed moisturised for some days and it looks like my hair appreciates the less is more approach.

When was your last washday?

Have a lovely week!

Oyime :)

8 comments:

  1. Simple wash day for the win. I'm trying to do less with my hair and it seems to be working.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely going to keep doing less with mine too :)

      Delete
  2. Yuuup, simple is my favourite too. First time I'm reading a firsthand experience with mango butter.
    If you like shea butter you could melt them together and whip, plus or minus oils for a lighter feel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll try mixing them together :)

      Delete
  3. I love simplicity it leads to less headache and a good way to know how your hair behaves on certain products.

    https://lauralivll.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use Dudu Osun to wash my hair. It makes my curls pop and Iblove the feel of my hair after washing. I have nwver steamed my hair and I'm thinking I should cos it's breaking. Any other suggeations pls?

    Epiphany29.com
    January Recap - February Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Grace! Yeah deep conditioning and steaming once a week definitely helps. Your hair could also be breaking if you're due for a trim so if you are, you should definitely get one. You also need to make sure you're moisturising and sealing regularly especially the ends of your hair. I hope this helps. You can email me if you have any other questions :)

      Delete

I would love to hear your thoughts! Please leave a comment :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...