Thursday 30 July 2015

My Braids Regimen



Hey guys!! How has your week been? It's almost Friday and the last day of the month! Hope you've had a great week so far! I know technically, my hair isn't in braids in this picture so just think of this post as my protective style regimen.

Like I said in this post, my hair is currently in braids. Braids are a good protective style but they can cause more harm than good if your hair is not properly taken care of while on braids.

GET HAIR READY FOR BRAIDS 

Before getting braids done, it's really important to get your hair ready for the braids to avoid having really dry hair when you take out your braids. You can read how I get my hair ready for braids here. It's always better to get braids done on clean, moisturised hair.

MOISTURISE DURING THE WEEK 

A few months ago, I noticed that my scalp would get really dry the week after getting my braids done even though I had been spritzing during the week. The problem was that I would wait a few days after getting my braids done before spritzing my hair. I did this because I didn't want my hair to get rough faster. So, if I waited 3 days and I had washed my hair 2 days before getting my braids done, that would be about 5 days of not spritzing.

The last time I got braids done, I decided to spritz my scalp the day I got them done to avoid this problem. I made sure the water from the spray bottle didn't get on the braids just my scalp.

I usually spritz my scalp 3-4 times a week with water, glycerine and a little castor oil. Then, I use a mix of grapeseed oil and castor oil on my scalp and this keeps my scalp moisturised. I do this about twice or thrice a week.

CLEANSE SCALP & BRAIDS

I wash my hair once in 2 weeks when it's in braids. I've been trying out different conditioners but I still haven't found a staple yet.

I want to start deep conditioning my hair in braids. It always seemed so long but if it'll help keep my hair more moisturised and reduce breakage I'm willing to try. I'll let you guys know how it goes when I try it out.

How do you take care of your hair while it's in braids?

Oyime :)

2 comments:

  1. I always imagined that if I spritzed my scalp it'd itch like crazy! So it doesn't itch at all when you spritz? :O
    Nigerian and Natural

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It doesn't itch when I spritz it, it actually makes my scalp feel better if it has been itching :D

      Delete

I would love to hear your thoughts! Please leave a comment :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...