Saturday 2 May 2015

How to Get Your Hair Ready For Braids

Hey hey! How's your weekend going guys? 

I had box braids done about 2 weeks ago because I was really missing them and I also wasn't in the mood to sit for too long at the salon.

About 2 days before getting my braids done, I deep conditioned and washed my hair. Click here to read about my Washday routine. I did this on a Thursday though, and I had work the next day so I couldn't thread my hair for 2 days like I wanted to.

On Friday after work, I threaded my hair into about 12 sections. I noticed that doubling the thread actually made it easier and the thread didn't hurt my fingers as much. Before threading each section, I did the The Greenhouse Effect for about an hour to make my hair a bit damp. Then, I moisturised my hair with a mix of Cantu leave in, glycerine, castor oil and shea butter. It's important to moisture your hair before doing a protective style because if you don't, your hair might feel dry when you take out your braids or weave.

The next day, my hair wasn't that stretched out just as a suspected. It was a bit stretched out though and it felt moisturised so I didn't need to do anything to it apart from finger comb it a little.






An advantage of threading is that your braids look neater especially if you keep the thread in for some days before getting your braids done. There's also no need to comb your hair while getting your braids done because, your hair is already stretched and this helps in reducing breakage.

Oyime :)

4 comments:

  1. What kind of thread can I use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huge fan of your blog!

    Please i want to know what glycerin product you mix with your water.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! :)
      I mix vegetable glycerine with water

      Delete

I would love to hear your thoughts! Please leave a comment :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...