Saturday 16 May 2015

Washday with a Twist



Hey guys!! How's your weekend going so far? I took out my box braids on Wednesday evening and it took much longer than I expected. I put my hair into 6 braids and went to bed when I was done. I remembered to prepoo this time though and I did something different, hence the title of my post. I prepood with castor oil by putting really little water a lot of castor oil on my hair. Then, I covered it with a shower cap an went to bed. So, I prepood and did The Greenhouse Effect

When I woke up, my hair didn't feel dry anymore so this is something I'll definitely start doing regularly.

CLEANSING

I had my braids for a month and I only co-washed them so I shampood my hair. I didn't use my Giovanni shampoo that I always use because I got a new v05 shampoo.. I think it might be time to admit I'm a product junkie. I'll do a review on this shampoo some time next week.

To shampoo my hair, I left my hair in the 6 braids I had the night before. I loosened 2 sections at a time and shampood my scalp then put the section in a scrunchie after rinsing out the shampoo. I did this with each section so I ended up with 3 sections.

HEAT-BASED DEEP CONDITIONING 

I took pictures of my heat based deep conditioning this time guys :D. I first deep conditioned by twisting my hair with a mixture of Cantu deep treatment masque and shea butter.

After this, I put a small towel into a bowl and poured hot water into the bowl. I covered my hair with a shower cap, then put the little towel on the shower cap after squeezing out the water of course. Please be careful so you don't burn your forehead with hot water. After this, I put my satin cap on the towel (you're supposed to put another shower cap on the towel by the way but I used my satin cap). After this I tied all these things on my head with a scarf. My scalp felt so good while the heat was working its magic :D.








CONDITION WASH

After 30 minutes, I rinsed the twists with my V05 Shea cashmere conditioner. This time, I let the conditioner stay in my hair for about 10-15 minutes before I rinsed it out. Obviously I had time lol.






I used my new t-shirt towel (I really need to find out the name of this thing *covers face*) which I got as a gift from Guapa Lagos at the Naija Naturals Event I attended last week. I really like it.



MOISTURISING  


I have finally abandoned Cantu leave in conditioner and I used Giovanni Direct leave in conditioner mixed with castor oil, glycerine and a little shea butter. I let my hair dry a bit and when it was a bit damp, I used these products to moisturise my hair and put it into 6 braids.

Thanks for reading!

Oyime :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts! Please leave a comment :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...