Friday 17 April 2015

It's Wash Day Again!

Hey guys! It's Friiday!! Hope your week was awesome!

I took my Sengalese twists out on Wednesday evening after 5 weeks of having them. My hair felt so dry so I knew I was going to have to do a little extra during my wash day routine. My hair was still clean because I washed it last week. You can read about that here:  How I Wash My Hair While It's in Braids

I couldn't wash my hair on Wednesday night because I finished loosening it around 1 am and I had CDS the next day so, I put it into 4 braids to sleep and the next day I decided to put it into a puff. My hair was a bit stretched out from the twists I had just loosened so my puff was looking really weird. I had to spritz it with water to make it shrink a little and a bit easier to fluff out.



My Routine

 I forgot to pre-poo before washing my hair or maybe I remembered but I was too lazy to. But please, don't forget to pre-poo it actually helps.
Before I shampoo my hair I put it into sections. I usually braid it but this time I decided to just put it into 4 little puffs.

My 'Where do I start from?' face


I washed each section with my Giovanni Shampoo, used a cotton t-shirt to dry it a bit and then braided it. After I had done this on each section it was time to deep condition.

I always deep condition the same way. With my Cantu Deep Treatment Masque.. I think I'll cry if it ever stopped working for my hair. This time, I mixed it with shea butter because of how dry my hair felt and twisted my hair. It took me 5 episodes of the Mindy Project to finish twisting so it took about an hour and 40 minutes.




I tried Heat-based deep conditioning without a steamer or a dryer, which I read about on DarkChildLoveThyHair. I didn't take pictures of the process unfortunately, but she has pictures if you want to try it out. I basically put a small towel in hot water, squeezed it out with another towel and put it on the shower cap I had on my twists. Then, I put a scarf over it. I was supposed to put another shower cap over it actually but it still worked.
I left it on for about 20 minutes and then I co-washed my hair with v05 conditioner.

After drying my hair with a cotton t-shirt I mixed Cantu Leave In - the one for natural hair, with glycerine, castor oil and shea butter and I used this to moisturise my hair. I haven't been able to get a new leave in conditioner, that's why I still used the Cantu leave in. I put my hair into medium-sized twists but when I looked in the mirror it looked so rough. My 2 hours of hard work were wasted but such is life *sigh

Anyway, in the end I put my hair into 2 braids and twisted the front.




This washday took wayy too long but I'm happy I've gotten it over with. I plan on doing braids tomorrow so tonight is for Threading.

Have a great weekend guys!

Oyime :)



8 comments:

  1. Babe of life. Wash day is terrifying for me. I don't even bother with twists unless necessary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks kennyy :* . Yeah it took so long yesterday I couldn't believe it

      Delete
  2. Your hair looks amazing ... I try to shorten my wash day as much as I can... I wash my hair in twist but bigger than yours 1:40 is scary lol.... I'd try out the heat based deep conditioning.... Thank you ☺

    P's my name is tammy (smiley miii) is an old blog that keeps hunting me 😳

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tammy! :) Haha yeah if I wasn't watching something I would probably have made the twists bigger. You're welcome..hope the heat based deep conditioning goes well

      Delete
  3. I love your hair! Hopefully the day will come when I will transition tho natural hair without looking back! well done!

    www.cocophemie.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your hair...looks really soft. I hope I'm right sha.

    www.mylifeasmoby.com

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts! Please leave a comment :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...