Thursday 9 April 2015

How I Wash My Hair While It's in Braids

Hey guyss!

I've been meaning to wash my hair for some days and I finally got round to doing it today.

Before I washed my hair this time, I decided to pre-poo.. with coconut oil! I know I've said a few times that my hair hates coconut oil but I decided to just use it on my scalp since I would was still going to wash it out. Apparently,doing this before washing your hair reduces the amount of moisture that is stripped from your hair when you wash it. So, I oiled my scalp with coconut oil overnight.

Before I started washing my hair, I put it into 3 sections to make it easier to wash.





I wet my scalp with a bit of water from my spray bottle and then I used my V05 Kiwi Lime Squeeze Clarifying Conditioner to wash my scalp. I use this conditioner when I don't want to shampoo but my hair needs a good cleanse. I like how it cleanses my scalp really well without stripping my hair. I've had it for over a year but it's practically finished now so I have to look for it again. I use a little amount and apply it to each line on my scalp. After doing this on each section, I massage my scalp just like I do when I'm washing my natural hair.







After I've done this on all sections, I rinse my scalp with warm water. I read somewhere that washing your hair with warm water helps open up the pores and is good for removing oil and dirt from your hair. So I usually use warm water to wash my hair. After washing my scalp and making sure it's clean, I use cold water to close the pores. I don't know if using cold water after really makes much of a difference but that's what I do.

When I'm done, I wrap my hair up in a towel for about 10-15 minutes. When I take it off, my hair is still wet but at least my hair wouldn't drip so much. Plus, it makes air drying faster.




When my hair is practically dry I spritz my scalp with a little water, glycerine and castor oil.

Washing my hair in braids usually doesn't take more than 20 minutes though air drying takes a while.

What techniques do you use to wash your hair while it's in braids? 

Oyime :)


3 comments:

  1. Does this work with wool though? How do you rinse it out without super dripping? Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it will work for wool too.. After rinsing each section I squeeze the water from the braids before wrapping it up in a towel.

      Delete
  2. Groß Inhalt. Ich schätze immer diese zuverlässige Informationen von Ihnen.
    Vielen Dank für das Teilen dieser großen Inhalt. Ich lese deine Beiträge. Sie sind inspirierend. Ich habe einige relevante Informationen, die Sie unten überprüfen können
    HairVox kaufen
    HairVox test

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts! Please leave a comment :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...