Sunday 12 April 2015

Crazy Things I've Done for Hair Growth




Hey guys! How you doin'? Hope you had a good weekend and you didn't spend the whole weekend watching Criminal Minds and Scandal like me. I find it really relaxing just being home watching series though so I actually had a really good weekend :)

I got featured on ShesGotNigerianCurls owned by the beautiful Karina. Please check it out :)



I remember reading an article on Black Girl Long Hair a few years ago about some strange things people use for hair growth. There were things like onions, tobasco/hot sauce, yeast infection cream and wait for it ......... bull sperm :| ..yes really. If this is true, I would just like to know what was going through the mind of the person who first discovered it. Actually, I'd rather not.

When I read some things people have done to speed up their hair growth then I know I haven't really done anything out of the ordinary. I don't think using egg in my hair to deep condition is crazy though some people would definitely think it is. It was really not a good experience and it didn't even work for my hair because my hair is protein sensitive so that was that.

One thing I can say that I've done that is a bit crazy is "The Inversion Method". I know a lot of people have done it but, before I did it, most of the blogs that talked about The Inversion Method said, if you have any serious medical condition you shouldn't do it. It basically involves putting your head upside down for 4 minutes everyday for 7 days. The increased blood flow to your head is supposed to stimulate hair growth. It didn't work for me which was so sad because, I really thought I would get that extra inch that month but it was not to be. Anyway, a lot of people say it works for them and many people say it sounds dangerous and they wouldn't try it. Would I try it again? Probably. I haven't heard anything bad happening to anyone that did it.

So, what do you guys think? Have you done anything crazy to speed up your hair growth?

Oyime :)


4 comments:

  1. so no crazy thing basically. sigh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I think I'd top you on that any day any time it's fun to experiment... I'm working on an onion routine now I hope it works (onion juice boiled onions soaked onions the full package lol)... I tried the water oil washing method (it wasn't long before I ran from that)....I think I'd try the inversion method I hope it works ☺☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lool! Please let me know how the onion routine goes. I've tried oil rinsing and it didn't go too well either but I'm going to try again. Hope the inversion method works for you :)

      Delete

I would love to hear your thoughts! Please leave a comment :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...