Tuesday 17 February 2015

Mini Twists

Hey hey! 

Guess who finally did mini twists.. Yep me. I've wanted to do mini twists for as log as I can remember but I didn't want to do it till my hair was long enough to go in a bun.

I stretched my hair with thread on Friday and then twisted my hair on Sunday with giovanni leave in and castor oil. 

I wanted to make them really tiny so they would last long (about 2 weeks) so, it took me about 4 hours to do. 













I was feeling so proud of myself and then as I kept looking at it, it started to look rough in my eyes :(.. Oh well I wasn't about to loosen 4 hours worth of twisting so I decided to just have it for about a week. 

I went out that day and quite a number of people thought I had done locs or dreads as they call them. One woman actually said I like your hair but I don't think you should let it grow longer than this or, it'll start to look dirty. I was just like huh?? And then she continued talking about how dreads look dirty and I was like these are just twists. And then She said oh okay and continued talking about how people that loc their hair can't go everywhere with it and if they go to church with it people will be looking at them somehow. I tuned out after this because I didn't see the point of saying anything to her.

Most people seemed to like the twists but I think the next time I do it, I'll try and make them a bit bigger..it would probably look a bit neater that way. 

They've actually saved me a lot of time in the mornings and at night so I like that about them. I can also keep my hands out of my hair.

Oyime 

2 comments:

I would love to hear your thoughts! Please leave a comment :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...