Thursday 8 January 2015

Benefits of Aloe Vera Gel



Before you start wondering why I dedicated a whole post to aloe vera I'll just like to say I love aloe vera :D It has so many benefits not just for our hair but also for our skin.

The first time I got aloe Vera it was because I read somewhere that it would make my hair soft and make it grow. (That didn't happen btw). You can't just put aloe Vera in your hair and expect it to grow faster..at least I can't. But used the right way it could help. 

Hair Moisturiser

I use aloe Vera in my spray bottle to spritz my hair and scalp when it's in braids and I also use it sometimes with my leave in conditioner. When I use it alone it doesn't moisturise my hair but when used this way it helps.

Reduces Spots 

A few months ago I got bitten by sand flies and I had spots all over my legs. I read that aloe Vera helps with spots and so I put it on my legs twice a day for like 2 weeks. I can't say that's exactly what made the spots disappear because I forgot about them for some time and when I looked again they were gone. I think it played a big part in the process though.

Helps with sunburns

In this hot lagos that I'm always forgetting to use sunscreen I use aloe Vera on my face sometimes when I get home because it moisturises and soothes the skin.

Reduces Scars

Aloe vera has healing properties and helps skin repair itself. It probably works better with smaller cuts but it does work. I had a deep cut on my finger and I used aloe vera on it for a few days and it didn't leave a scar.

Aloe vera has many more benefits but this is what has worked for me so far.

Oyime 

2 comments:

  1. True, also helps soothe mosquito bites as soon as they happen. Those insects are so mean :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really, that makes sense :) Yes they really attacked my legs that day :(

      Delete

I would love to hear your thoughts! Please leave a comment :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...