Saturday 22 November 2014

My MUD (Make Up Designory) Experience



I recently did a 2 week make up course at MUD Academy. I haven’t always been interested in makeup.. Infact, I hardly wear makeup apart from eyeliner and lipstick but I was interested in learning about make up so I could do it on people.


All the makeup courses I found were clashing with Nysc and when my Nysc date was postponed for 3 weeks I could register for the course.


On the first day we had a lecture about face shapes, skin types, how to take care of the different skin types and we were given an outline on what we were going to learn for 2 weeks.



 Eyebrow Grooming


Before the course I was really bad with tweezing and shaping my eyebrows.. there was a time I mistakenly cut off quarter of my eyebrows so I did a weave that covered part of my eyebrows and I gave up on doing my eyebrows myself. I still thread my eyebrows but at least I know I can do my eyebrows myself.


Different Make up looks


We were told we needed to bring models with us everyday to practise on from the second day which I didn’t know about so I had to start asking people to come with me everyday.

The first week one of my friends came and I learned eyebrow grooming on her. 

The next week 2 of my friends came on Monday so the instructor showed us an everyday make-up look on one of them and I practised on my second model.  One of my friends was my model for 3 days so I practised most of the make-up looks on her and on the last day my cousin was my model. I really appreciated all of them helping me out because it’s quite stressful  trying to get people every single day from 11am till 4pm.

I also learnt things like highlighting and contouring and fixing of lashes which I was really happy about. I also learnt gele tying.

These are some of the looks I was able to achieve within 2 weeks.

Everyday Make-up look

Smokey













 I learnt a lot within 2 weeks and for someone who didn't know much about make up I was really happy at the end of the course. 

Thanks for reading :)

Oyime

2 comments:

  1. I would have been the one on here :<
    still love the looks! damn you did a fine job (y)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts! Please leave a comment :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...