Tuesday 1 September 2015

Oyime's Weekend: Shomya's Makeup Masterclass




Hey people!! It's a new month! I hope your year has been going great! 

I went for Shomya's makeup masterclass on Sunday! I was really excited to learn from Shomya (Elaine Shobanjo) because shes such a talented makeup artist. 

The class was not just for people who wanted to learn how to do make up but it was also for upcoming make up artists like myself ;) ;) 

The class was supposed to start at 2pm but I got there at 2:30. I thought I would still  be early because.. Nigerian time but when I got there all the seats in front and in the middle were filled up and I got a seat at the back. I almost cried :'(. I was just thinking so I won't even get to see everything up close like I had hoped. 

Before Elaine started the class she asked if those of us at the back could see really well and we said no. Then she said okay maybe they could bring a few chairs to the front. I was already preparing to step out of my chair. Then she said the first 5 people to come forward could sit in front. I don't think she had even finished talking when I jumped up and sprinted to the front lol x_x. Anyway, I was happy and excited again now that I had a front row seat :D.

She did a full face of makeup on the model. So, we learnt how to draw eyebrows, eyeshdaow application, highlighting and contouring and ombre lips.

 For the eyeshadow, she asked us to choose between a bright gold and bronze look, and a dark smokey pink look. Most of us chose the bright gold and bronze look so that was what we learnt. I liked this part because even though I learnt a few eyeshadow looks in Makeup School, I learnt a different way and a different look in the class. 

During the class, she explained each step to us before proceeding and she stopped to answer every question that was asked. She also recommended different products to us.






The model really tried. She sat for about 3 hours but look how beautifully it turned out.

I learnt a lot from the class and I'm really happy I went for it. I also like that Elaine took her time to explain each step and she was always happy to stop and expalin if anyone got a bit confused. If you missed this one, make sure you go for the next one!

Have a lovely week and an even lovelier month!

Oyime :)

3 comments:

  1. Nice... I hope to go to a makeup class some time soon... Just to learn how to beat my face
    pheezy's corner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good idea. Shomya has classes 3 times a week for 2 weeks, House of Tara has classes for learning how to do your own makeup or you can try MUD Academy which is where I trained :)

      Delete

I would love to hear your thoughts! Please leave a comment :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...