Monday 28 November 2016

10 Makeup Products for Beginners


Hey guys! How was your weekend? I had a work retreat all day on Saturday, and on Sunday I just chilled at home and got ready for the week.

A few people, and by a few people I mean my sister and my cousin have asked me before for a list of makeup products they should buy and I've been meaning to do this post since then. 

If you want to start using makeup, or you don't really have an idea of all the products you want to get, then this list is for you:

1) EYELINER: Eyeliner was probably the first real makeup product I started using years ago, apart from lipstick. I like eyeliner because it really brightens up your eyes and makes you look less tired especially if you didn't get enough sleep. If you don't really feel like using makeup but you just want to look a bit more 'awake' you can just use eyeliner and mascara.

2) MASCARA: I wasn't really a fan of mascara till last year. I started using this Rimmel Lash Accelerator mascara that made me look like I actually had long eyelashes and I fell in love with mascara after that. It makes your eyelashes look longer and thicker. KIKO mascara is also really good. I use the KIKO Ultra Tech mascara and it's good for lengthening. 



3) BROW PENCIL: If you want to fill in your eyebrows, I would recommend that you get a brow pencil that isn't too dark so your eyebrows don't end up looking extra black when you fill them in. Most people know about the N50 Davis pencil, which is probably now like N100. I like Rimmel brow pencil (Dark Brown) because it's actually really light brown and makes my brows look very natural when I use it. I also like MAC Spiked brow pencil.

4) CONCEALER: This is for making your eyebrows look neater after you fill them in. It's also for highlighting before or after using foundation (it depends on you). You should get concealer that is a shade or 2 lighter than your skin tone depending on the look you're going for. I mostly use concealer a shade lighter. L.A. Girl concealer is really good, affordable and very easy to find. 

5) PRIMER: If you're using foundation you need to apply primer first. Primer is a base for foundation that makes your foundation look smoother and last longer. Smashbox Cosmetics, No7 & Rimmel  have really good and affordable primers. I've heard Becca Ever Matte primer is really good too though it's on the pricy side. 

6) FOUNDATION: The foundation you get depends on the type of skin you have and the kind of look you want. If you have really dry skin, you should probably get a foundation that won't dry your skin out like Revlon ColorStay, MAC, Lancome Teint Idole Ultra, Nars, YSL. 
For oily skin or if you want a matte look, Black Up, Mary Kay & L'OrĂ©al Infallible Pro Matte are really good.

7) POWDER: My favourite powder right now is the Maybelline Clear Smooth All In One Powder . They have a wide range of shades and sometimes I use it without foundation. MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation is also really good too.

8) MAKEUP BRUSHES: The most important brushes are:
  • An angled brush for concealing your eyebrows
  • Foundation brush 
  • Powder brush 
  • Blush brush
You can get a brush set that comes with these brushes if you don't want to buy them individually.



9) BLUSH: It's not necessary to always use blush when you use foundation but it also brightens up your face. My favourite blush is the e.l.f Cosmetics Powder Blush Pallette (Dark). Sleek and Milani also have nice blushes.


10: LIPSTICK: There are so many different types and shades of lipstick. You can get matte & satin lipsticks or lip stains. I like MAC lipsticks because of their staying power. House of Tara & ColourPop have some nice lip stains. For lipliner,  MAC and NYX are really good. You can read some of my lipstick reviews here, here here.


If you want to go a bit further, you can get eyeshadow. You can start with Sleek eyeshadow because they have a wide variety and their eyeshadows are very pigmented.

Thanks for reading and I hope this helps! Have a beautiful week!

Oyime :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts! Please leave a comment :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...