Saturday 29 August 2015

How To Deep Condition Braids/Twists



Hey guys! How has your weekend been so far? I've had my Kinky Twists for about 3 weeks and I decided to deep condition them today. 

I usually don't deep condition my hair while it's in braids and I think that's why sometimes it feels dry after I take out my braids even when I've been spritzing. 

PREPOO

The first thing to do before deep conditioning is to prepoo. I prepood by oiling my scalp with grapeseed oil. 

DEEP CONDITION 

To deep condition, I used a regular rinse out conditioner (V05 Herbal Escapes Ocean Refresh Conditioner) mixed with castor oil and a little shea butter. I still don't have an actual deep conditioner since I stopped using the Cantu Deep Treatment Masque.

I put my twists into 8 sections to make things easier for me. Then, on each section, I used my deep  conditioning mix from my roots to the part of the twists where my hair stops. After doing this on each section, I wrapped my hair with a plastic bag. I planned on deep conditioning for about 30 minutes but 30 minutes turned into over 2 hours. 

To wash my hair, I used the V05 conditioner and warm water. 

MOISTURISE

To moisturise, I used glycerine, leave in conditioner and grapeseed oil on my scalp. Then, I used glycerine, leave in conditioner and castor oil from my roots to the part of the twists where my hair stops.

I really hope this will make a difference and reduce dryness and breakage when I take out my twists. If it does then yayy and if it doesn't, I'm not doing it again..it was a bit long. 

Do you deep condition your hair while it's in braids? Does it make a big difference? 

Have a lovely weekend! 

Oyime :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts! Please leave a comment :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...