Tuesday 8 January 2019

MY 2019 HAIR GOALS


Hey guys!! Happy New Year!! How was your holiday? 

I wouldn't really call December a holiday for me because it wasn't that different for me work-wise. My siblings were around though, which was pretty awesome. I definitely didn't go out as much as my sister but I ended up going to the beach twice, went for a Wizkid concert (which I slept off at before Wizkid came out) and watched "Queen Moremi the Musical" at Terrakulture (which was amazing). 



For part of December, I had my hair in a bun and for the times I felt like looking extra dressed up, I attached my Afrinaptural extensions to my bun. I also had my hair in a wig for about a week in December. 




Last year, I don't think I really had any hair goals for 2018 and if I did, I didn't really work towards them. This year though, apart from the usual healthy hair goals I always say I have, my goal is length retention! A lot of the time, we feel like our hair isn't growing but we're really just not retaining most of our length. In order to do this, I'm going to do these things:

1. Protective Styles for no more than 3/4 weeks: I realised that I retained more length the year I was getting braids every 3 weeks, not necessarily because the protective style was braids but because after 3 weeks of having the braids I would take them out, shampoo my hair and deep condition. 

2. Deep condition more often: If I'm keeping my protective style for not more than 3 weeks most times then I'll be deep conditioning more often than I have in the past 2 years. 

3. Trim twice this year: I actually trimmed my hair twice last year so I guess I did that right. I'll probably get a trim in June and in December. 

Do you have any hair goals for 2019? How do you plan on achieving them?

Oyime :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts! Please leave a comment :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...