Sunday 28 June 2015

Product Review: Suave Naturals Soothing Lavender Lilac Conditioner


                        

Hey guys! How was your week? Mine was pretty weird. There was so much rain and traffic and I got to work late a few times. I couldn't wait for the week to be over but now, the weekend is over too  :(. 

Remember how I said I'm on the lookout for protein free conditioners. I was at Goodies a few weeks ago and I came across this Suave Naturals Lavender Conditioner. I read the ingredients and did a quick search on Google and there were no proteins in the ingredients. I was so excited that I used it once I got home because it was a cds day so I didn't get home as late. 

INGREDIENTS: 

Water, (Aqua), Cetyl Alcohol, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Fragrance (Parfum), Lactic Acid, Potassium Chloride, Disodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, PEG-150 Distearate, Tocopheryl Acetate [Vitamin E Acetate], Panthenol, Propylene Glycol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Passiflora Edulis Flower Extract, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Leaf Extract, Rose (Rose Canina) Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Extract, Red 33 (Ci 17200), Blue 1 (Ci 42090).

DESCRIPTION: 

It has a strong smell and it smells a bit like air freshener. It's not watery and is quite thick. It's also really easy to get the product out of the bottle. 

HOW I USED IT: 

I used a mixture of the conditioner and Shea butter to deep condition with heat and then I used the conditioner to co-wash. I was a bit disappointed because it didn't clean my scalp that well and my hair felt a bit dry. 

I decided to give it another try last week. I used it to deep condition and co wash again but this time, it left my hair feeling so dry. Usually when I deep condition there's a noticeable difference even before I wash out my deep conditioner but this time, my hair didn't feel moisturised even after deep conditioning. 

My hair just felt really dry and brittle the whole week and I had to keep moisturising it. Another thing I don't like about the conditioner is that it gives no slip to your hair. The only bright side was that my scalp felt clean. 

FINAL THOUGHTS

For now, I don't think I'm going to use this conditioner again. Maybe when I get a good deep conditioner I can just use this conditioner to cowash. 

For 450 naira though, I guess I got what I paid for. I would have been upset if I had spent a lot of money on the conditioner. 

For my hair I'll give this conditioner a rating of 2.5 stars. 

Have you guys used this conditioner before? If you have how do you use it? 

Oyime :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts! Please leave a comment :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...