Monday 25 April 2016

What I Did Last Weekend: The Girl Journey - Project Loving You



Hey guys! How was your weekend? On Saturday, I was at Sao Cafe for The Girl Journey's 'Project Loving You' event and it was awesome. You can read what the event was about in this post

Before the event started, there was a photoshoot for the bloggers. It was a natural photoshoot with no makeup and natural hair. The week before the event, I was really nervous about this part. It's been a while since I've put up pictures with absolutely no makeup and my natural hair and I was scared I would hate how I looked in the pictures. At the same time, I kept thinking, the event is supposed to be about loving yourself and embracing your flaws and I need to stop being nervous about how the pictures would turn out. 

I was still nervous on the day of the event but I think the photoshoot went well apart from the fact that I had to stop myself from laughing. I felt really good after and I know I'm going to love the pictures when they come out so I'm happy I got to be a part of it. 

AB of The Kink and I
Shanyi of Shanyitots
Sandra of Naija Girl Next Door
 I finally got to meet Sandra of "Naija Girl Next Door" in person and she's even prettier in person. I loved how she had her 'fro out.



Jeniffer of Nigerian and Natural
 I really loved her shirt :D



After our portraits, we also took pictures outside.







Chinyere of The Olive Tree Hair Clinic
Chinyere is the founder of The Girl Journey. She organised the event and she did a really good job putting it together.

Chinyere & Sandra 

Jenny
There were different speakers but I didn't get pictures of all of them unfortunately. It was very interactive and people talked about the things they didn't like about themselves and the things they liked about themselves. I was asked what I don't like about myself and I froze lol. People assumed I couldn't think of something because there's nothing I don't like. I guess I should have said I don't like the fact that I'm really shy when it comes to talking in front of a lot of people.



We had a male speaker who basically gave us a 'guy's perspective' on relationships.

Pearl from Project Fame
She sang 3 songs and she has a lovely voice. 



Clay
 She's a rock artiste and she has such a beautiful voice.

My goody bag
We got small chops but I was so hungry I only remembered I hadn't taken pictures when I was done eating. 

This was the first event organised by The Girl Journey and the organisers did a wonderful job. I definitely gained a lot from the event and I know everyone else that attended the event did. 

Have a lovely week! 

Oyime :)

2 comments:

I would love to hear your thoughts! Please leave a comment :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...