Thursday 24 September 2015

Failed Bantu Knots = Soft, Fluffy Fro

Hey guys! It's the start of the weekend! Happy Eid-el-Kabir! Do you have any plans for this Sallah holiday? My plans consist of meeting up with friends and eating Sallah meat :D.

Last week, I tried Bantu knots. Sometimes I like to put my hair in Bantu knots before I sleep because I can make bigger twists and spend less time on my hair. This time though, I actually wanted to have my hair in Bantu knots at the beach so I did smaller twists and I really took my time with it.

First, I sprayed my hair with water and glycerine. Then, I used my leave in conditioner (KCKT), castor oil and shea butter and twisted each section.

I didn't do the Greenhouse Effect overnight because I wanted my hair to be dry before I took out the bantu knots.




My hair looked very weird when I took out the bantu knots :| . I didn't take a picture because; 1) I was already late and 2) It looked like a hot mess. Now that I think about it though, I should have taken a picture to show you guys.

I decided to just have my 'fro out since it had been a while since I had done that and I didn't want to do a puff.



On the plus side though, my hair felt so moisturised and it was soft all day. Maybe the fact that I was at the beach helped but my hair felt softer than it had ever been.



By the way, Naturals in the City 12 is on Saturday! I've missed all the NITC meet ups in the past year so I'm really happy I'm going to be able to make it for this one. It will be holding at  The Social Place VI, which is at 33, Sinari Darinojo, off Younis Bashorun, off Ajose Adeogun Street, Victoria Island from 1pm to 6pm and the gate fee is 500 naira.

It looks like they have so much planned. Apart from hair talks, there will also be talks on healthy living, a possibe yoga class, henna and of course, shopping! I'm also really excited about meeting you guys that would be there. You can read more details about the meetup and what to expect in The Kink and I's post.

Can you guys recommend good tips for perfect bantu knots? I'm willing to try again so please let me know how you usually do them,  how long you leave your hair in twists before unravelling, etc.

Have a great weekend and hope to see you on Saturday!

Oyime :)

10 comments:

  1. You are not alone lol... I have put in my resignation letter for Bantu Knots.. your fro looke great as usual... Happy holidays/ Seasons Greetings...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bantu knots can be tricky but with most things practice makes perfect. I must have missed you at the meetup yesterday. Hope you had fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I'll keep practising.. Aww hopefully we'll see at the next one. I did. Hope you did too :)

      Delete
  3. Personally, I have never seen any type 4 hair with Bantu knot outs that have worked out very nicely. It would be nice to see one.
    But your Fro is working out very well, I must say.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The only time my Bantu knots came out nicely was Lotachi's birthday in Notts, that Dasola took pictures. It was Corina that did it for me and half of my hair had heat damage, plus the air wasn't humid. Everytime i've tried it in Lagos I just turn it into a puff or a curly fro like you did.

    www.tukesquest.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I guess the humidity doesn't make it easy. I'll try it when next I'm in England and see if there's a difference :)

      Delete
  5. Suggestions:- Try not spraying it. Make sure your hair is dry apply the the leave in and oil and brush it till smooth, twists it then Bantu knot it.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts! Please leave a comment :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...