Tuesday 21 July 2015

Weekend Recap: Afropolitan Vibes x The Lunch Club



Hey hey! How are you guys and how was your long weekend? I can't believe it's already over :( 

On Friday, I decided to do some exercise. It had been a while since I had done any exercise and I was feeling really unfit.... like that 'walking up the stairs and panting' kind of unfit so I decided to do Jillian Michael's Yoga Meltdown. *sigh It was hard o. I was really proud of myself for finishing it that morning though and I was feeling good because my body didn't hurt that evening. The next day however, it was another story. 

On Friday evening, my cousin and I went to Freedom Park for Afropolitan Vibes. I had never been there before so this was my first time. We got there a bit early but there were quite a number of people there already. The first performance I watched was Aina More's. I also watched M.I's but I was unable to get pictures of his performance.. or maybe I forgot. 

Aina More



Saturday was the 7th Edition of The Lunch Club. The first Lunch Club I went for was at Sakura. You can read about that here. This Lunch Club was at BBQ & Cravings. I was looking forward to it because I had read about it on the Eat Drink Lagos blog and I wanted to try out the OMGPhillyGidiCheesesteak.

My cousin and I got there a bit late because of traffic, weddings and an annoying Uber driver. By the time we got there, I was really hungry and ready to pounce on the food. 








I loved the pork ribs. The chicken wings were also good. The starters were really filling so by the time I was done with my PhillyGidi Cheesesteak, I couldn't eat my burger so I just had it to go. I still had space for the brownies Folly made though.

I was really full and that's what I wanted so I had a pretty awesome Saturday. 

I ended my Saturday with a Virgin Daiquiri from Rhapsody's.



On Sunday, I did my yoga meltdown again ;) 

Photocredit: Dami

What did you get up to last weekend? 

Oyime :)

6 comments:

  1. Wish I was there ... and great photos .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Beebs! Patiently waiting till you get back :*

      Delete
  2. Looks so delicious. I was supposed to be at the lunch club but I had a wedding. Maybe the next one, eh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was. Hopefully I'll see you there :)

      Delete
  3. I've been to BBQ and Cravings before and I remember I liked the food.
    Rhapsody's strawberry daiquiri is my drink! That's what I ALWAYS have when I go there.
    Nigerian and Natural

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I especially loved the ribs. I love the strawberry daiquiri at Rhapsody's too!

      Delete

I would love to hear your thoughts! Please leave a comment :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...