Wednesday 11 May 2016

Washday with Rhassoul Clay & Apple Cider Vinegar


Hey guys! It's been a while. There hasn't been a lot going on with me or my hair which is why I haven't blogged in a while. Last week, I had my hair in Goddess braids for about 4 days. During the weekend, I had my hair in a puff. 

My hair felt really dry, probably because of the goddess braids. Cornrows always seem to make my hair really dry and I guess the fact that it was in 2 big braids didn't really help. 

I knew my hair was due for another washday but this time, I needed to clarify because it had been over a month. I usually do this with rhassoul clay but I noticed that sometimes, rhassoul clay doesn't really get my scalp as clean as I'd like. My hair has also been breaking quite a bit so I wanted to do something different like a tea rinse. 

I thought of trying an Apple Cider Vinegar rinse because I've read that it's really good for cleansing and helps with breakage. I was a bit skeptical about it though  because, the last time I did that about 2 years ago, my hair felt horribly dry so I swore off ACV. 

People usually add a little ACV to bentonite clay but I don't have bentonite clay so I decided to add it to my rhassoul clay and hope for the best. Luckily for me, there was a little ACV in the kitchen so I didn't need to get a new one.


I prepooed my hair with a mixture of grapeseed oil and castor oil.

To clarify, I used about 4 tablespoons of Rhassoul clay, and mixed it with aloe vera juice. Then, I added a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar, a few drops of glycerine and a little castor oil.

Usually, when I wash my hair with rhassoul clay, I wash my hair loose. This time though, I did it in twists. I feel like when I washed my hair loose, I couldn't reach every part of my scalp easily. With my hair in medium sized twists however, I could easily apply the mixture to my whole scalp and wash it more easily.

After I applied the mixture all over my scalp and twists, I covered it with a shower cap for about 15 minutes before I rinsed it out and my hair didn't feel dry at all, it actually felt quite moisturised.

I deep conditioned my hair by twisting it  when it was damp with my Yes To Carrots conditioner, shea butter and a little castor oil. Then, I steamed it for about 2 hours before washing it out. You can read how I steam my hair with a hot towel here.

I moisturised my hair after with Kinky Curly Knot Today leave in, glycerine, castor oil and shea butter.

So far, my hair feels really moisturised and the ACV in the rhassoul clay got it clean without stripping it of moisture. I'm definitely going to add ACV to my regimen now that I know the right way to use it.

Do you use Apple Cider Vinegar for your hair? What has your experience been with it?

Oyime :)

3 comments:

  1. You're the reason I have KCKT on my product wishlist for when I run out of current products. I use ACV in my clay mix as well and I like how it turns out. Lately though, it's my skin that's really loving ACV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yayy! I hope you like it when you get it :D

      Delete
  2. i love doing clay washes every few months and am constantly switching it up.sometyms i use bentonite clay,aloe vera and water then use it as a hair masque and afew wks ago i just mixed bentonite clay with ACV and i think its the best so far.i love how it leaves my hair super clean with curls poping,i just follow this up with a DC then am good.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts! Please leave a comment :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...