Wednesday 9 December 2015

My Hair Lately


Hey hey! How are you this fine Wednesday morning? Remember how I decided to start having my natural hair out more and stop running to braids immediately I start getting tired of my hair? Well, I've had my hair out for 3 weeks and it hasn't been bad at all.

At first, I didn't have too much of a problem with having my hair out. I put my hair in mini twists for about 10 days and I liked the fact that I could have my hair in a protective style but still have access to my natural hair.

When I took out my mini twists, I did a rhassoul clay wash and my hair felt a bit weird. This might be because I mixed the clay with water instead of aloe vera juice as suggested by AB of The Kink and I. The next time I do a rhassoul clay wash, I'm definitely going to mix it with aloe vera juice and I really hope it makes a difference.

If you're in Lagos, then you've definitely noticed that the dry season/harmattan is upon us. The day I woke up and felt the difference in the weather, I decided I was going to put my hair away in braids but I wasn't too sure.

I thought about doing mini twists again but I changed my mind last weekend when I felt how dry the weather was making my hair. My hair wasn't staying moisturised and I really didn't want my hair to start breaking so I decided to get braids done.


On Sunday, I deep conditioned and steamed my hair with my Yes To Carrots rinse out conditioner, castor oil and shea butter. Then, I washed my hair with my rinse out conditioner and moisturised when my hair was damp with Kinky Curly Knot Today, castor oil and shea butter. To stretch my hair out for the next day, I put it in small braids.

Currently, my hair is in braids and I think I miss having my hair out already lol. I'm just hoping this dry season will be over soon so I won't have to deal with dry, brittle hair when I take out my braids.

What's been going on with your hair lately? 

Oyime :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts! Please leave a comment :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...