Monday 3 December 2018

My Current Favourite Hairstyle: Mini Twists + Extensions


Hey guys! How was your weekend? Mine was okay. I attended the Lagos Makeup Fair yesterday and it was good. It was really packed though, which I tried to avoid by going a bit early but there were still so many people there. 

It's been a while since I've put up a hair post because nothing new has been happening with my hair. My hair is currently in mini twists. You can read about the first time I did mini twists here

I really like mini twists, but the reason I stopped doing them was because whenever I did them myself, they got rough really fast unless I twisted them really tiny and the thought of twisting for hours stresses me out lol.

My current mini twists were done at a salon about a month ago, and I've never seen my hair look that neat without it being blow dried. I loved them but at the same time, I was looking forward to them getting a bit "rougher".  Now that they're a lot rougher they blend in better with the kinky extensions I add to the back of my hair.

The day after I got them done 
Adding kinky hair extensions to mini twists totally transforms the look and I wish I had discovered this sooner. 

Here's an easy pictorial of how I was able to achieve this style (thanks to my sister for the video detailing how to do this):


These are the kinky hair extensions and my mini twists after about a month of having them.


In the first picture, I folded the kinky hair extensions into two and tied the middle with a hair band. In the second, I attached the extensions to my hair by tying it twice onto the back of my hair, and in the third picture, I wrapped the extensions up into a 'doughnut'. 


This is my current favourite style because of how easy it is to maintain and the little time it takes to get them done. 

What do you think of this hairstyle? Have you tried it before? 

Have a beautiful week!

Oyime :)

4 comments:

  1. I currently have mini twists on. Spent a whole day making it and my back still hurts from sitting still for so long. But my hair is short, so how do I secure the extension on the hair without the risk of it falling of.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! If you can put all your twists into a small bun, when you attach the extensions to your hair and you've styled it, try using bobby pins to secure it to your hair. Also try not to use too much hair for your extensions. Hopefully this works :)

      Delete
  2. The style suits you very nicely. Unfortunately, my hair looks thin (to me ) the few times I've gotten it twisted, so I tend to stay away.

    Berry Dakara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Berry! :) It might look less thin when it gets 'rougher', maybe after 2 weeks of having the twists if you don't mind the look :D

      Delete

I would love to hear your thoughts! Please leave a comment :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...