Friday 2 August 2019

My Current Natural Hair Regimen


Hey hey! Hope your week was awesome. 

My natural hair regimen hasn't changed much in the past 2 years because I've figured out what mostly works for it. My hair has been in protective styles for most of the year because I've been a bit lazy with it and I also wanted to see if I would retain more length with protective styles. 

So, for most of the first half of the year, my hair was in wigs. After shampooing my hair with Tresemme Moisture Rich Luxurious Moisture Shampoo, I would deep condition with Tresemme Moisture Rich Conditioner, mixed with a little shea butter and glycerine. My hair benefits a lot from steaming and lucky for me, my sister gave me her hair steamer so I use the steamer to deep condition once a month.

To moisturise, I used my Kinky Curly Knot Today, mixed with glycerine, shea butter and a little castor oil. I typically kept my cornrows for 3-4 weeks.



This worked for me and I seemed to be retaining length. However, I was missing how I looked in braids so I got blonde braids in May.

Before getting my braids done, I shampooed and deep conditioned with the same products I use when getting my hair ready for my wig. This time though, I blow dried my hair because I was getting blonde braids and I wanted my hair to look as neat as possible.


I currently have grey braids which I'll do a post on sometime soon.

A few days after getting my grey braids, I spritzed my scalp with a mix of water, glycerine and castor oil and my scalp was itching badly because of the castor oil. I should have added a carrier oil like grapeseed oil to my spray bottle because, you shouldn't use essential oils alone but I've run out of my grapeseed oil. To help with the itching, I sprayed my scalp with a mix of water, glycerine, aloe vera gel and peppermint oil and it helped a lot. 

What's your current hair regimen? Does it work for you?

Have a lovely weekend!

Oyime :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts! Please leave a comment :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...