Tuesday 6 August 2019

Is Eyeshadow Primer Really Necessary?


When I first started doing my makeup, I didn't really use eyeshadow primer because I didn't think it was that important. Now that I've been doing it for a few years, I can't do an eye look without using primer first.

Eyeshadow primer is simply a cream that is used on your eyelid prior to applying eyeshadow.

What Does It Do?
  • It helps the eyeshadow go on smoother 
  • It helps to prevent creasing of eyeshadow
  • It makes the eyeshadow colour more vibrant
  • It helps the eyeshadow last longer
My current favourite eyeshadow primer is Ben Nye Clown White. It will make any eyeshadow colour pop and is really good for cut creases.


I apply very little of it onto my eyelid and pat it in gently into my skin. I don't rub it in, but just pat it in to avoid creasing. 


Here's a side by side comparison on an eye look done with and without eyeshadow primer.


As you can see in the picture, the eyeshadow done without primer is slightly less pigmented and it took a few more applications than the eye look done with primer to get it to look this way.

It looks okay, but by the end of the day the eyeshadow done without primer would have creased and wouldn't look as pigmented. However, the eyeshadow done with primer would look almost as good as when it was first applied.

For this look, I used the OPV Oshun palette.

Do you use eyeshadow primers? What are your favourite eyeshadow primer?

Oyime :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts! Please leave a comment :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...