Thursday 25 February 2016

My Current Protective Style


Hey hey! How has your week been so far? I hope it's been going really well. If it hasn't, tomorrow is Friday so yayy!

I've had braids for about 3 weeks and I must say, I really missed having braids. The last time I had braids, it was my 3rd bob box braids which only lasted about a week. After that, I didn't get braids for about 3 weeks.

I'm really trying to space out my braids like I said at the end of the year. One of my goals for a while has been to enjoy my hair a lot more so I try not to get new braids 3 days after taking out my braids which was what I did a lot last year.

Before I got these braids, I got another trim at O'Naturals Salon. I couldn't really take pictures unlike the first time because the salon was a bit dark so the lighting was really bad. I took one picture and immediately deleted it so I don't have any pictures of this trim.

I got my braids done the next day because my hair was still blown out and I wanted to take advantage of this. I think I've finally left my old braider. I found someone new and she was pretty fast. She's also really neat and her braiding wasn't as painful.

I loved how the braids turned out and I had really missed having long hair :D


I co-washed my hair last week with my Yes to Carrots conditioner after pre-pooing the night before with grapeseed oil. I've only spritzed my scalp like twice since then though. I've been a bit lazy with taking care of these braids and I've enjoyed not having to do anything to my hair or think of what to do when I'm going out. I've only missed my hair like once or twice.

These pictures are from my Valentine's Day inspired makeup look post. You can see more pictures and the products I used here.

What's been going on with your hair lately? 

Oyime :)

6 comments:

  1. I recently started caring for my hair properly and I'm loving it. I love braids too but I like the twist pattern. Only issue is it gets old looking quickly cos my hair is natural or is it my stylists fault? Lol.

    As usual you look amazing.

    Epiphany29.com
    Cheesy Pick Up Lines

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've noticed that twists get rougher faster for me. You can try stretching your hair before getting your twists done so they don't look old as fast. Thanks girl :D

      Delete
  2. The braids are well installed, did you do any protein treatments before installing them?


    https://lauralivll.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you! No I just deep conditioned :)

      Delete

I would love to hear your thoughts! Please leave a comment :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...